Friday, May 17, 2013

Super Smoothie

I've been drinking green smoothies for years, but I finally found the PERFECT recipe.  I've branched out and now I use a spinach/kale/chard mix (usually Earthbound Organics Power Greens).  I used to use fresh fruit, but frozen fruit tends to be cheaper and easier to work with.  No more rinsing and slicing.  I also don't need to add ice when I use frozen, so one less ingredient.  I've also started adding coconut oil, because, well, coconut oil is just full of awesome.  Just a bit of local, raw honey provides some sweetness.  Oh, and did I mention that raw honey is a superfood?  A scoop of green powder rounds it out.  It really only takes a minute to throw the ingredients in a blender and the kids absolutely love it. 

 The brands I use are linked in the recipe, and no, I'm not an Amazon affiliate.  

Super Smoothie (Makes 2 Servings)
4 cups leafy greens
1 cup frozen berries
1 banana
1 tsp honey
1 cup water


No comments:

Post a Comment