Thursday, May 23, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes

I've mentioned these pancakes before, but I thought it was time to actually share my recipe. 

paleo pumpkin pancakes zomg nom

So I know that there a hundreds of paleo pancake recipes out there, but I really like this one because it doesn't use any flour at all.  Coconut and almond flour is super expensive, yo! 

Now, the key to this recipe is the quality of ingredients.  I use both pastured eggs and pastured butter and real Grade B maple syrup.  Fresh pumpkin is awesome, but canned pumpkin works, too.

This recipe is adapted this recipe from Practically Paleo, but I played with the spices since the original recipe was a bit too bland for me.  The ginger gives it a nice kick while keeping it kid-friendly. 

The brands I use are linked in the recipe, and no, I'm not an Amazon affiliate.

Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes  
(Makes 2 servings / 8 small pancakes)

4 eggs
1/2 c pumpkin puree
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp melted butter 

Mix all ingredients together until completely blended.  Heat pan or griddle to 300 degrees.  Pour approximately 1/4 c of batter for each pancake and let cook until firm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment