Sunday, May 5, 2013

Optimist May 5k Recap

Yesterday, I ran the Optimist May 5k at Windsor Castle Park.

I freakin' PR'ed. 

The course was a hilly trail (that the Garmin registered as 3.2 miles) and I still beat my best post-baby race time.  Not that 35:43 is all that impressive or anything, but I went into the race just hoping to finish after my meniscus tear last year, so I'll take it. Anyways, the actual race was great, aside from the part where the volunteers sent the kids the wrong direction during the Fun Run.  Kaelin finished her first race and placed 3rd.


Despite the dreary weather, it was a pretty fun day.  Several people from our box ran the race, so we got to spend some time with them. 

 Photo courtesy of Heather at Profound Crossfit

Out of ten of us running, seven placed overall or in their age groups.  Jason even placed! 




No comments:

Post a Comment