This year, I did it.
The Best Pumpkin Roll Ever (makes 10 1-inch slices)
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup (about 1/2 15 oz can) Libby's 100% pure pumpkin
8 oz cream cheese, softened
6 tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375. Line a 15 x 10 inch cookie sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle a kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
2. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in a large bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Beat until thoroughly mixed.
3. Spread into cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Immediately turn cake onto towel and remove parchment paper.
5. Loosely roll cake and towel together. Cool on wire rack.
6. Beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar until smooth.
7. Gently unroll cake and spread filling over the cake. Remove towel and reroll cake.
8. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
|It was so good, this was the only picture I thought to take.|
Recipe adapted from http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/32372/LIBBYS-Pumpkin-Roll/detail.aspx.